1 Jul 2011

The Month That Was..


June went by at the pace of a dog whose tail is on fire.


I learnt that NOT doing an internship can do me good. And being at home for the holidays can be the greatest fun.

I learnt how the presence of one person who means the world to you can change everything and the absence of another will leave a hole the size of the Niagara in your life. Ma, you remain the one person I can have guaranteed fun with and I'm glad you came back. And N, you HAVE to come back. Period.

I yearned to go back to school with new, crisp uniforms, bags and water bottles with freshly covered notes waiting to be filled with doodles, nonsense and red pen marks. I envy my siblings.

I learnt that punching people's noses out will not get desired results (unless the result you want is to draw blood). I learnt to hedge, I learnt to avoid FB chat, I learnt to relax for hours with a mud pack on my face (which made my brother make comparisons to the Mud Monster in ScoobyDoo).

I got a new template, a new name and blogged like a maniac. I got comments like never before (in my entire blog existence since 2009). I am yet to get over my low-self-esteem about my writing. I met the gang who make blogreading pure pleasure. I argued with Ashwin over whether he was paavam or non-paavam.

I learnt to find patience to fold clothes by the ton. I learnt where all my MIA clothes were. I learnt to wake up before 8. I learnt the Hanuman Chalisa and to pray regularly.
I learnt how easy it is to be happy. 

Overall, not a bad month I suppose, because I had fun, a lot of it
Thank you, June '11!


July, how YOU doin'? ;)




6 comments:

  1. You know what I found most interesting about your posts? you say it like you think it and feel it. :) that marks a great writer :)

    Congrats on the job! Read the other post as well. :) I stalk well no? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have observed yourself under a microscope

    Nice post!
    My mother keeps telling me o read HANUMAN CHALISA...

    Now i will. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You argued with the Dark Lord only to lose. :P
    I am innocent!! Very :):)
    Here is proof :P
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ApfGRR3zYm8/Td4ZCBUWjII/AAAAAAAAA8Q/AI7bn_QqwFU/s1600/1.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Prateek, ty, as a writer I hope:)

    @ Srinidhi, for me being honest atleast while writing counts for a lot, and I'm glad it shows:)Ah, thanks... if this is stalking then I must say I'm pretty happy with it:D

    @ Red, thanks girl! You should, some calming stuff that, if you believe in things like that i.e:)

    @ Ashwin, 1) do nOT insult TMRiddle. Pleej. 2) You are not, NOT NOT-EST!!!!! Period. 3) STOP throwing that photo at me everytime your paavam-ness is questioned:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Prateek, ty, as a writer I hope:)

    @ Srinidhi, for me being honest atleast while writing counts for a lot, and I'm glad it shows:)Ah, thanks... if this is stalking then I must say I'm pretty happy with it:D

    @ Red, thanks girl! You should, some calming stuff that, if you believe in things like that i.e:)

    @ Ashwin, 1) do nOT insult TMRiddle. Pleej. 2) You are not, NOT NOT-EST!!!!! Period. 3) STOP throwing that photo at me everytime your paavam-ness is questioned:P

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you can say it.