Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 Jan 2014

Of Putting Yourself Out There

You know when Meredith Grey said, ‘Pick me, choose me, love me’ I said ‘Good for you! You go girl... standing up for yourself and all’ but I also heard another mean little voice in me saying, ‘ahem, needy much?’

But now I realise that she wanted Derek to pick her, not because she wasn’t a strong, independent girl who was perfectly capable of becoming as great as or even bigger a legend than her mother but because Derek was the only one who seemed capable of dissipating the ‘dark and twisty’ that her life was at that point.

Derek made her happy in more ways than one, like no one could before.

And not wanting to let that go, wanting him to know what a big difference he made to her life, wanting to return the same love, to give him the life he deserves - the life with the babies, the family-thing and the works - I understand that. That’s not needy. That's just you having the courage to put yourself out there for the sake of a chance at happiness.  



"If I lay here, if I just lay here, will you lie with me and forget the world"

It takes courage to ask that of someone. And that is not needy. Not even a little bit.

P.S: Grey's Anatomy might be a chickflick for a lot of people but I swear I have learnt more about real life from it than anything else. It's all about what you take away from something.