Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12 Jul 2015

UBC Day 12: Razliubit


Note: Another challenge to help me sail through UBC. I got this idea when Leo asked me for a prompt for APEDI have always been fascinated with words in other languages that do not have direct or accurate translations in English. Here, I am picking 10 words from random online sources that have absolutely delightful meanings around which I’ll try to weave a mini-story each day. Let me know if I'm doing justice. 

***

One morning, I woke up on my side of the bed, looked over at the other side, and I saw a stranger. 

All that baggage that comes with a marriage that has lasted over two decades fell away. Somewhere along the meandering path of a childless, career-driven marital life, we had forgotten why we had seen a soulmate in the other. Memories were strewn over the long journey like stardust twinkling in the midnight sky on a moonless day; they stood out in stark contrast only because everything else was inky black and devoid of emotion. 

In a fleeting moment, the sunlight sneaking into the spartan room inspired me, filled me with the need to feel alive again. 

I woke him up and told him that I wanted out.

Razliubit 
(Russian)
to fall out of love, a bittersweet feeling