28 Aug 2015

#8PhotosOfHappiness

Of course I had to take up Ariel's tag when I saw it on Parul's blog.

Hostel 
This was the very last picture I took in college. From the hostel night canteen. Life was brilliant at that point. But there was also the iffy-ness of the future. I jumped right off a cliff (figuratively speaking) right after this day.

A photo posted by Cookie Crumbs Inc. (@cookiecrumbsinc) on

Home 
This is, by far, my masterpiece yet. I LOVE this photo for the clarity, how there is both positive and negative in it. Can you see it?


Office 
String of lights that we put up for a bay decoration competition that we didn’t win. It is special because that day pretty much summed up my life in Flipkart. Bittersweet. Horsy. Hilarious.


Hospital 
Flowers for the mother right before she was discharged post-surgery. Some of the most terrifying times preceded this. Some of the most relieved times followed. Always reminds me to count every last tiny blessing I have.


Poppins Place
A consequence of having contracted typhoid, the one and only time in my life that I contracted anything more serious that fever, cold, and tummyache. I was well taken care of, despite being away from home by someone who has stood by me like a rock. Like. A. Rock.


Poppins Place 
My babies/ the first weekend after they came home to me. They rock my world, they really do. Gypsy and Fudge.


Coorg 
A barbeque memory that is burnt into my brain simply because those days were the best days of my life with the best people. So much laughter, my stomach was permanently in stitches. These are people who know pretty much everything there is to me and still love me. What did I ever do to deserve that.


Blossoms Book House/ Poppins Place 
The latest haul. How can this list be complete without one most important constants of my life?


8 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos and you are awesome. I loved how you described each one. And thank you for the mention. I am so glad you look up the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      It was entirely my pleasure, pretty one :)

      Delete
  2. Love your stories AND the pictures. You've a way with capturing moments, both with lens and words.
    How these photos transcend to a different place in time, forcing us to think back about those times with the present perspective. I think I might take this one up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a way you have with your camera! I loved every one of it, my favorite being the that of Gypsy and Fudge. They are just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures and their descriptions made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos.
    Love the lights one the flowers ones the most.
    You literally jumped off the cliff? O_O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures...all so very memorable. I loved the one with the cobwebs. And of course, kitty photos are always awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Memory Keeper's Daughter is one book that I too am looking to read. Maybe next trip to Blossom's. Last time I went, I got this book titled Gulab, and so far, it's got me hooked. :)

    PS: If I get inspired by one of your insta-clicks, could I borrow it and use on my post, giving due credits and link to Cookie Crumbs Inc? :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you can say it.