2 Sept 2015

The Month That Was... August '15

THE PACE AT WHICH THE MONTHS ARE WHIZZING ACROSS THE CALENDER IS FREAKING ME OUT.




August was okay.

Nothing bad happened so I’m thankful.
Nothing good happened either, so I’m like -__-

All my fitness efforts went out the window as I ordered food from extremely convenient apps, day in and day out. I blame the apps. Why do they have to make ordering unhealthy food so fast, so simple, and so easy?! WHAY, WHAY!

Work has been pummeling me into the ground. Busier than I have ever been in my career but its okay. I don't mind it as long as I'm doing well.

A couple of nice weekends away from home at a friend’s place have been the highlight so far. Nothing like marathon movie and/ or talking sessions to beat the living daylights out of cold+cough blues.

I have this friend. He got married to my friend, so he used to be a friend by association. But now he’s my proper friend. The point is, THIS BOY IS SO INTELLIGENT. He is like a walking-talking encyclopaedia but SO unassuming in manner and appearance, you’d be like whaaaa. Needless to say we all love him to bits. Why I’m telling you all this? One of my September goals is to read more non-fiction, news, gain nuggets of information that is interesting as fuck. Basically be more like him. Why? Because there is a shit ton more to the world than selfies, likes, and opinions. Because THAT is what adds to your personality a damn sight more than the new MAC powder puff. Because THAT is the kind of person I want to be.

My reading speed has become better than the last year, which is great (nothing close to how fast I was as a kid but nevertheless, some progress) – imma be whizzing through the simpler books. Despite this being cheating in terms of reading good literature, it IS very gratifying to start a book now and finish it by midnight, that’s all I’m saying. Got me thinking about how we all have become very dependent on instant gratification.

BUT this deserves a separate post, so letting it be for now.

I reconnected with a few people in August who I’d nudged out of my life in the last couple of years. I don’t know why I felt like it but I did. And I felt better for it. While being social or constantly in touch is definitely not my thing, I do feel good about saying hello to some people a couple of times a month. Something to do with preserving the past, in a manner of speaking.

August has been mellow. 
September, how you doin’?

P.S: In other news, MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR IS HERE!!! Its getting cold, ladies and gentlemen... BOOOYEAH! :D
P.P.S: This winter is going to be EPIC. I can feel it in my bones. 

26 comments:

  1. Go and do epic shit girl! and let me quote George R. R Martin here "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.The man who never reads lives only one." Wish a happy reading September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Abbas :) Yes, that IS a favorite quote :)
      You too!

      Delete
  2. You had quite an August.

    I have never got around using the app. I just go to the restaurant / fast food centre and eat. And sometimes walk back like 3-4 km. No. It's not because i wanted to burn the fat. It's more like it gets pretty late and no proper transportation available at that time.

    You're a fast reader. I take a minimum of one to two months for a simple book.

    September will be good. Hopefully. Fingers crossed. Have fun. And happy tapping the food apps. 😝😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I did no :O

      woah, no wonder you are a rail :O

      Reading speed doesn't reflect anything, man.. It is just a personal goal :)

      Hopefully :)
      BAH! You are supposed to say uninstall them.

      Delete
  3. Surely winter will be more awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHATTT?? Its September already?? :O

    Wasnt it January like 2 weeks ago?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same thing happened with me.. eating bahar ka khana every other day without giving a damn to what's gonna happen to my waist line!!!
    And cold.. here it's as bad as June..!! Summers suck big time.. No sign of rains at any cost.. My August was good.. have shared it on my blog about it..

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah, we should be able to eat without consequences. Why is that not possible!! :/
      I did :) We had similar months :)

      Delete
  6. I am planning to increase my reading speed as well. I think I want to read a lot more non fiction too.

    Also, winter is coming?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh non-fiction has never been my forte, but any recommendations?

      WINTER IS DEFINITELY COMING :D

      Delete
  7. August was a sick month for me. September better make up for it.

    Non-fiction is something that I just CANNOT read. It is so damn tough for me!

    You feel the chill? Are you not in Bangalore? I am perspiring like there is no tomorrow here. It is worse than summer now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aw, September will, other lioness can maul someone :)

      ikr, me neither -_-

      Whaaaa :O HOW, WHY, WHERE?

      Delete
  8. Wow, that's some serious realization you have had, figuring out the kind of person you wanna be and deciding what to do to go there. And you call August mellow? Girl!!

    Yesssss! Winter is here, hi-five :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is it with increasing weight!! A normally careful me has also let go this past month. Yeah September should set that right. As for the cold - not much hope this side of the country but I'm not complaining, this is the way I like it. Good luck with your reading resolve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, you are atleast careful usually :/

      Thank you!

      Delete
  10. We are on the same boat as far as fitness goals are concerned ;) Hi5
    I mean I was estimating my expenses right now and half of my earning (literally) caters my food cravings -_- I am planning to leash this untamed urge :P
    May september be kind to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we will become patli kamars soon :P
      I KNOW THE FEELING --__-- I think ALL my salary after rent is going off on food only.. BAH.
      Good luck to you and me for this month!

      Delete
  11. Your August seems really nice. :-)
    Hurray to working a lot, that's what I've been doing, I kinda like it.
    Reading your post made me feel like I was reading my own journal from younger days. Much love. Hope you read more books, and do stuff that you WANT to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice? It was okay, I suppose :)
      Me too :) Not too much though :P
      Wut --_-- woman, we are the same age, I think.. maybe a year apart, not more..
      Thank you :) I wish the same for you.

      Delete
  12. You seem to have had a quiet month! And I am really jealous of your reading speed! I wasn't able to finish reading even a single book in August! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yeah. Whizzing by. What, another 110 days or so left no? (Not for new year, but for new cookie) :P :D

    You be awesome already, so you plus nuggets and news be more awesome I think (y)

    I'm in a slow reading speed, oddly enough. I'm only 8 books ahead of schedule to meet my Goodreads target right now :(

    PS: I don't know about the winter. Did you shift to Manali or someplace? Bangalore still be so sultry at times.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you can say it.