1 Feb 2016

Victory!

In the last year, maybe dating as far back as December 2014, there isn’t a single to-do list that I’ve managed to completely check off. 


For someone as control-freaky as me, this means nightmares about a disorganized life. And I mean that quite literally – I would wake up in the middle of the night, sweating and worrying my brains out about the dirty laundry, the unmade bed, the torn linen, the dust on the shelf, the lack of dustbins in the house, cat litter messes, clothes that don’t fit, prints that weren’t made, posts not written, friends not called, favors not done... the list is endless. I got to a point where everything was weighing down on my mind so much that I dissolved into hysterics for something trivial. It wasn’t pretty.  

Instead of me influencing The Roommate into turning everything Colin-sparkly (remember Colin?), I let him influence me into becoming the sloth that he is famous for being.

BUT NOW!

Now I can savor sweet victory over Monster Mess – there isn’t ONE thing out of place in that house of mine. NOT one. It took a lot of willpower on my part, some clothes-folding help from Mum and the girls, and discipline that I didn’t know I had, but I did it. 

I stand here, hands in the pockets of a pair of shorts that would make Mum’s jaw drop in horror, wiping my forehead on the sleeves of a t-shirt that should have become a pocha six months ago, and savoring the fact that I could eat cheesecake off my floor (bonus points to you if you got the pop culture reference). 

Yes. It is that clean.
I dare you to come and check.

I still have a long-ass To-Do (that never seems to stop growing, wtf?)
But I bask in the knowledge that I am capable of crossing every. damn. thing. off. 


Like I said, 2016 gunna be ma bitch, yo :P 

P.S: I refuse to generalize and say all boys are messy. But the one I got is SWEETBABYJESUS a sloth when it comes to chores :P


P.P.S: Just in case you find your way here by some random quirk of fate, heehee, are you sorry you married a blogger yet? :P