16 May 2015

Don't Date a Girl....


…...who is smitten by wanderlust, you will find yourself pulled into a whirlwind of places and plans and sand and sun and long treks in the middle of nowhere and tea from roadside dhabas of questionable sanitary standards and mountain peak views in the early morn and dirty socks and unpacked luggage that is always ready to accompany the both of you on the next adventure. You will never have a meal on time or a made bed.


…..who writes beautiful words, you will be her muse, her source of storylines, the sense in her run-on sentences, the flicker in inspiration bolts that strike her in the dead hours of the night and the first person she wants her story to be read by and on the receiving end of seemingly cold silences while she taps away at the keyboard trying to get her character to act the way she wants it to. You will always get written into the plot, one way or the other.


…...who reads a lot, your tea will always be cold because she lost her way from the kitchen to the couch and resurface between pages two hundred and thirty five and two hundred and thirty six, and she will cry for hours on end for her literary beloved even when he doesn't die and won’t let you use her worn paperbacks as coasters even when it makes perfect sense to you and you will be treated to torrents of words that are in a hurry to escape her lips, trying to convey everything that the book made her feel once she has sighed and closed its last page. Her imagination will run amok, taking you with it on the joyride of a lifetime.


….who loves photography, she will make you wait with a spoon in your hand while the crème brûlée screams to be eaten and she will ask you to make ‘that’ face again making you wonder which face it was and she will love her camera more than you and she will capture moments in your life that fled you by but now are immortalized for you to cherish and she is always in search of the perfect setting and the perfect frame and the perfect everything while you feel sorry for the perfect you, but only until the Facebook profile picture she clicked for you gets a record-breaking number of likes. She will make you look good, she will show you frames of a person that is you but you never knew.


…..who loves food, you will never be sure what is on your plate and she will love Zomato more than she loves shoes and make you buy dessert alone for five hundred bucks and entice you into the world of midnight snacking and Nutella and need you to go with her when she compulsively tries every new restaurant in the vicinity and not let you get alarmed over your expanding waistline and you will understand that she celebrates or bemoans every single occasion with food. She is the simplest to deal with – when she is upset, offer her a cookie. And then one more. And then some milk.



Don’t date these girls, they are capable of bringing a brightness to your life, an addictive brightness that makes the dark seem darker when they aren't there to brighten it. 

52 comments:

  1. That is absolutely beautifully written. Sharing everywhere I can think of :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks... Sweetest thing you can do for a blogger <3

      Delete
  2. Check, check and check. You have read my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all of those things. So my husband is a lucky guy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, you mean better remain single then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! No! :P means if you do decide to date them, be prepared for the 'interestingness' they bring to your life that can be addictive. Such girls will never make regular girlfriends or stereotype housewives.

      Delete
  5. Wow. This is amazing. :)

    So.in a nutshell, don't date anyone. And if you date someone, don't let them go, because the darkness is more painful when it is more darker and light seems to go on an long extended vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant writing and amazing stuff. Superb:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Beautiful indeed! I absolutely loved the last line :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reems :) that was my favorite line too...

      Delete
  8. Thank you for this post.. I read it and wrote something.. :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! 👏 good you for, it's been long!

      Delete
  9. Now I know what state of mind the girls find themselves in when I ask them to make that face again or ask them to do that thing again... :P Amazingly written!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was awesome! I could relate to so many of these things and felt wonderful to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super awesome! I specially can relate with the second one.. The one about not dating girls who love to write..
    I myself had made my crush-cum-boyfriend-now-ex the subject of my poems.. And always asked him (rephrase, coerced him) into reading them.. I doubt he had any idea that I was writing the poems for him..
    Maybe he should read this blog post, and he'll see clearly? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he is "now-ex" then there is no point no :P Catch hold of that cutie with the dimples and the hella good hair (I canNOT believe I'm quoting Swift) and make HIM read :P Might lead somewhere pleasant for you ;D
      Thanks for dropping by M&M :)

      Delete
  12. I should make my future husband read this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, make sure he reads it before he becomes the future husband..:P

      Delete
  13. *applause* :)

    If only we could find guys who are as interesting as this :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, this is all me. And thankfully for me, I found a man who is all this too.

    I'm blessed. Thank you for reminding me that.

    Love! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Entirely my pleasure, must say :) God bless you two perfect-for-each-other bozos <3

      Delete
  15. That's so beautifully expressed. Loved the way your words flowed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is super duper amazing. I can so relate to it and I am that girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you, compliment indeed :) Thank you!

      Delete
  17. All true. And works both ways too. The best part is when the both of you are like that, it sort of works even better :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic! Well I fall into so many categories above that on e wonder I just had one boy friend who became my husband. :P
    Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. awwwwww this is such a beautiful post :D The photography one is other way round in my case but others I am sure my hubby must be complaining of :D You spoke my mind :D absolutely loved the post :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww...just aww...loved this one PeeVee!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha though I'm not a person with wanderlust but I do fall into the category of all the below!!amazing post:) loved it..all the while I was gasping "so nobody should actually date me" and then the punch line in the end,I had he widest grin:)loved your cookie crumbs:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by! And so glad you liked my cookie crumbs :D:)

      Delete
  22. Just loved loved loved this post. At a loss of words to tell you how much I enjoyed reading this one because I fall in 'all of the above' category! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice post! I love your manner and the way you present these merits of really worthy girls! In my opinion, men say nonsense that they don't want to have a wife or are afraid of it! Family for every man is the most important of all!) I say it because my brother has created a happy family with beloved wife!) They met in one cool site https://mymagicbrides.com and since that moment they're together and wait for their firstborn!) In my mind, we must build our relations on the mutual understanding and respect to each other!) I wish to everybody happiness and good luck in the search of 'real love'!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Find me a girl like this and I swear to God I will be what she wants me to be...Holy Molly I am so so smitten.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! This made me wanna cry. Sooooooo soooooooo sooo beautiful! Ahhh! Can I be that girl pleaseeee? Hahaha!

    wow! wow!
    Speechless. This is crazy beautiful. You are soooooo amazing ! With your words I mean! I feel so guilty I wasn't here before!! WOW!!



    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh! I am not done yet! Wait! If we ever come to know each other on personal terms, could you please write a book? A few pages even? and write the exact same things you wrote above? So I can keep it with me wherever and forever. Man! That's one crazy writing you know!! I realllyyy need to re-read this. I guess, I'll just have to do with screenshots for now! ;)



    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't usually talk but when I am excited I can be very disturbingly talkative. The first picture! I have this saved from last week from Pinterest. Just saying.

    xoxo

    I won't post my irritating link. Again. :P

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can I talk again? I ma sorry. Please. So, your blog definitely inspired me to write. Like to actually write. You know I was trying to hard with the beauty and Fashion stuff on my blog when I actually wanted to write. You know, just write. Beautiful words, stringed, stirring emotions. Maybe, I'll do more of that soon.

    Sorry, I am not psychotic and yes, I am stalking. :P
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Last one, I am sorry. Maybe you will report me. That's okay. Maybe this is wrong. Bombarding with comments I mean. I really like this post. That's why.

    Okay, so I wanted to say, I love that you put Gisele in the end. I'll leave now and get lost somewhere so I can't find my way back for another comment.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you can say it.