18 May 2015

Monday Musings #1

I must confess (if you haven't heard me harp about it yet) that I hate Mondays. So considering how foul-mouthed and foul-mooded and foul-just-about-everything I am on Mondays, I thought getting some perspective would be good for the soul. Starting this, what will hopefully be, a series on the blog.


Things that I’m thankful for at this point in my life: 

  • The stability - financial and emotional (hard won but totally unappreciated because I seem to have easily forgotten what it was like to be otherwise)
  • The rains - yeah, they are messy and make my shoes dirty and inconvenient to commute to work and back but I don’t care, I love the weather, they make me happy
  • The company - my brother and sister are visiting this week and going back home at the end of each day to them is lovely, to say the least. I hope they are liking it here as much as I like having them over. 
  • The elephant-printed top - I got it from my favoritest store in Bangalore and I love it, it makes me look good :P
  • The friendliness - Gypsy (my cat) is in a good mood these days, I woke up to her fast asleep on my tummy which is surprising considering how independent she is. 

Couple of things I need to get done:

  • Visit the craft store to get supplies for projects
  • Complete my 30-by-30 list
  • Get a handle on my laundry which has grown at an alarming rate

Have a good week, y’all :)

Edited to add: The gratitude bit was inspired by dear Elly S, I'm sorry I completely forgot to link.

P.S: Linking to Open Slather and I Must Confess
P.P.S: If enough people want to take this up, maybe I can host a linky party.

17 comments:

  1. A lovely idea! It is indeed good to count your blessings on the not so good days. I hate Mondays too! But not today. Reason? Done with my internship. Back home for exams and I won't start studying until tomorrow. So I am enjoying the feeling of being back home :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :D I know the feeling, have fun Reems :)

      Delete
  2. show us the elephant top :D hey I got a 30 by 30 list too :D
    Enjoy your time with family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heehee, I might :P Really? I'll go check it out...
      Thaaanks, will do :)

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of starting the week being thankful and finding some perspective - I guess that's similar in some ways to me asking people to start with week off with a confession. I hope it has helped you get through another Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely did, Kirsty :)
      Looking forward to being a regular at I Must Confess :)

      Delete
  4. I think I am the only one who loves Monday. Do share the picture of elephant top and even I want to make a list, of lots of things actually.

    Happy week to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAH, really? You do? How could you :P
      Heehee, popular demand and all :D
      Make them! I'd love to read..
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. High Five. Mondays, I hate 'em too.
    So, when you said that this is going to be a series, you meant like every Monday. Because it sounds pretty cool to dust off the monday fever. I mean to say I am in, mostly because I sulk all day and continue that till I sleep. So, this might be a refresher or sorts.

    Happy Week to you too.
    30 before 30. God, I need to make that before I plan for 40 before 40. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I realize I must have said feature instead of series -_-
      You give me company no?

      Heehee, I've changed that to 101 in 1001. Gimme company for both.

      Delete
    2. Sure.
      Sure.
      Just lead the way. :P
      Cuz I'm a little lost in both aspects.

      So what's 101 in 1001 ?

      Delete
  6. Another take on hating Mondays: at least you are alive! :) I hope my gratitude list inspired you to write this and if so, good for you...and if not, good for you too! ;) The next one I challenge you to keep it 100% positive, even on Mondays! ;) Supposedly, angels were with you when you posted this ... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO true :) That's the perspective I wanted to get before I whined the day away.
      I'm SO sorry I forgot to link back to you *mentally slapping myself* I meant to, honest :(
      Aiming to be more positive :)
      Thanks Elly! :)

      Delete
  7. From your pics, I know you are having a ball with the siblings visiting :) Have a fabulous week, Darling. Do write more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we are, aren't we :) Thanks love, I will :)

      Delete
  8. Friendliness and good company, awesome to have that to be thankful about x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes when things are all foul and yuck it is important to take a deep breath and she the good, because it's out there...somewhere (hehe)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you can say it.