13 Mar 2018

Documenting My Secret Affair with Labneh

Source

Have you heard of labneh? It is Middle Eastern, stupidly easy to make (I make it regularly, that should tell you something), stays in the fridge for ages (okay, about a couple of weeks), very versatile (you can make it spicy, plain, salty, garlicky, peppery; it can be used as a dip, spread, whatever), and is clean-eating friendly too (sorta high in protein, relatively low calorific value). 

Make some tonight, thank me later. 

Pro tip: It almost seamlessly replaces cheese over toasties/pizza/watchamacalit.

2 comments:

  1. I love labneh but have never tried making it. Now I want cheese. And labneh. Thankfully, book club tomorrow night is at our local Lebanese restaurant. So cravings will be sorted then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got confused for a bit until I realized that this is the same as Skyr (Icelanders' most favorite thing ever but I thought it was a bit too sweet for my liking) and also the base for tzatziki (which I have been heavily crushing on lately lol!)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you can say it.