14 Apr 2014

L- Lemonade. Masala Lemonade.



When it comes to food, I’m a very continental kind of person. I like my pastas, my English breakfasts with the baked beans and the omelettes, the egg salads and the lightly drizzled olive oil dressings and whatnot. I will also order the forever-my-companion peach iced tea, every chance I get. But come summer (which is the most hated season in my book), I will forget all the Memness and indulge in the heaven that is masalalemonade. 

The server comes up to the table and puts down a tall, tall glass of lightly colored heaven on my table, bubbling invitingly, boasting of the light sprinkling of spicy masala and I can smell the green freshness of the beautiful mint leaves that adorns it which is perfectly partnered by that expertly sliced wedge of summery yellow lemon. I take a sip and the perfect blend of spice, soda, cold and salt hit me, right in the head. And right there, folks, is nirvana in a glass. 


There is something so comforting, something so light and airy about the drink that puts me in good spirits almost instantly and now that even Bangalore summers are going up to 38 degrees, this is the one thing that is keeping me sane. Oh and ordinary lemonade won’t do, it has to be the masala version.
 
I really wish I had a picture that I clicked myself but most of the time I’m busy gulping from the glass and ordering seconds to click any. And yes, I love it so much that I will dedicate an entire post to it :P
 

10 comments:

  1. Light Colored heaven on my table..LOL

    I love pasta like anythingggg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try one of those...or several!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Areee Masala Lemonade is my go to drink at Pizza Hut. I LOOOOOOOOOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT... They be awesomeness in a tall glass.

      Delete
  4. Wow.... Sounds so refreshing. Must.Try.One

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am more of a sweet nd salt lemonade kind of person, but I can so relate to the feeling you described.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you can say it.