25 Apr 2014

V - Vacation




It’s been more than a couple of years since I went on vacation. And by vacation I mean having the freedom to do exactly as I please when I please to without having people interfering with what I should eat, what I should wear, how I should travel and all the rest. 


While I have been to Coorg and Ooty and godknowswhereelse, it has been either with people from the office (which comes with its own set of paabandhis) or with family in which case I’m working out the logistics, herding the sheep, making reservations and whatnot (all of which counts as responsibilities and not relaxation).


I have not had the luxury of throwing flipflops in one direction, my bags in another and flopping down on a fluffy hotel bedroom with nothing to worry about for the rest of the week. I haven’t had the excitement of having places to explore, cuisines to try and people to meet. I haven’t had the prospect of cheap shopping to be done and getting back home and to routine with a refreshed mind and tonnes of new stuff.


Why am I telling y’all this now? With summer draining the life out of me and work gnawing at my bones, if I don’t take off somewhere soon, I might just blow up. So if you hear a ‘pop’ from the South Bangalore area, you should assume that it is me. 

 
Hmmm, Gokarna is just a night’s journey away…. I’m tempted.

If any of my friends are reading this (which I know you are, you lurkers, you), TAKE NOTE.  

4 comments:

  1. I am nodding along as I am reading your post. I so want that vacation! A vacation where I can just forget everything else and be as I please. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Save up, New Orleans is waiting for us. They are even making a model of Diagon Alley now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O:O Seriously? Its like they are trying to make us suffer :/

      Delete

Go on, you can say it.